Working with expense requests
My work \ Expense requests
In order to use this feature, it’s required to have rights for the User role with the active Expense requests granule.
- Lists of expense requests
- Expense request states
- Creating an expense request
- Working with rejected expense requests
Purpose of the feature
Expense requests allow the user to track the direct expenses for the projects: travel expenses, payment for subcontractors, materials, etc. All expenses added with the help of expense requests can be considered as actual expenditure transactions for the project (please check Expenses recognition).
Lists of expense requests
One can use the navigation panel of My work application to find the «My expenses» section with the following lists of expense requests:
- Submitted * — this feature opens a list of expense requests sent by the user for approval, which are not approved yet
- Require approval* — this feature opens a list of expense requests that require approval from the current user.
- Rejected * — this feature opens a list of expense requests that were rejected during the approval process.
- All requests — this feature opens a complete list of all expense requests for all periods and with any state.
* — these lists are displayed only if there are suitable expense requests. The number indicates the number of expense requests in the list.
Expense request states
- Draft — this is the initial state; the request can be edited only at this stage.
- On approval — the request is in the process of approval.
- Approved — the request has been successfully approved and tracked.
- Rejected — the request was rejected during the approval process.
Creating an expense request
- Open the All requests list and press the Create a request button on the dashboard.
The user will see the «New expense request» dialog box, where they need to select the project for the created expense request, and click the «Create» button:
The cost request card will be shown:
- Request date — the date of the request creation.
- Project — the project related to the request. After creating the request, the user will not be able to change the project.
- Description — this is a brief description of the request.
Creating and editing strings with expenses
In order to add a new string, the user needs to click Add a string
- Date — the actual date of the expenses.
- Expense type — it can be chosen in the classifier of expense types (shall be configured by the administrator of WorkPoint).
- Amount of expenses — the amount shown in the string.
- Reimbursement — shows if the reimbursement of expenses is required.
- For payment — indicates whether this string should be included in the invoice for the client.
- Description — this is a short description of a specific string.
- Attachment — this is an attached file.
By using the Edit button, the user can open a dialog box with the detailed properties of the selected sting:
The detailed properties of the string allow the user to specify the project stage that directly relates to the current expense string:
The list of approving users for the expense request is generated automatically and depends on the approval route specified in the WorkPoint settings:
To start the process of approval for the expense request, click Submit:
Working with rejected expense requests
If your expense request was rejected by one of the approving users, it will change its state to «Rejected» and will be displayed in the «Rejected» list.
Such requests can be deleted or edited taking into account the comments of the approving users and sent for approval again.
To edit or delete a rejected expense request:
- Open the request card.
- Click the Edit button on the dashboard.
- Delete the request or make changes and send it for approval.