System -> Timesheets -> Approval paths
System -> Time-offs -> Approval paths
System -> Expenses -> Approval paths
Approval paths are used to define the sequence and the performers for the timesheets, time-off request, and expense requests approval process.
There’s a separate set of paths created for each type of the entities (timesheet, time-off request, expense request).
More details about the approval system: How the approval system works ?
Adding new path
Go to the Approval paths list of the System application (choosing one of the following groups: Timesheets, Time-offs or Expenses).
Click Create approval path on the action panel. Enter the name of the path and click Create.
Setting the path
General information about the path:
- Name — a name of the path.
- Description — a short description of the path.
- Entity is active — defines the state of the entity. The inactive entity can’t be chosen by the user but can be still used if added before.
- Used by default — defines if the path is used by default (automatically added to all new users). In order to set a path as the default one, use Set as default button in the dashboard.
Each path consists of several stages. A user or a role can be chosen as a performer party. In order to add a stage, please click Add button in the tabular part of the card:
Choose a performer:
- User — a static performer for the stage. The user can be chosen from the list of all active users of the system.
- Role — a dynamically selected performer. The selection of the performer person is carried out only once when the entity is sent for the approval.
- Supervisor — selects a line manager of the author of the entity.
- Project manager:
- A project manager for selected tasks is used in the timesheet, thus allowing selecting several performer parties for each stage.
- All managers of active projects where the applicant is included are used for the time-off request.
- A manager of the chosen project is used for expense request.
- Project co-manager — works similarly, but all co-managers are available instead of project managers (there can be more than one co-manager).
- Program manager — works similarly, but managers of the programs included in the projects are shown instead of project managers.
- Program co-manager — also works similarly, but includes all co-managers of the program included in the projects are shown instead of project managers (there can be more than one co-manager).
All stages of the approval process are executed one by one. Performer parties (there can be several parties for a role) are able to approve simultaneously. At the moment of the first rejection the entire process is terminated, and the entity is returned to the author for editing.
In order to change the order of a stage, please select a row and click Up or Down. In order to delete a stage, please select a row and click
Delete button, or use Delete command in the row menu.
Changing the path will not affect already executed processes.
Applying the path
Paths can be applied to specific users. Please check Setting up user section.